Statement from ASERL President Yolanda Cooper
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 06:51:25 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,

        In light of recent events in the library community, ASERL reaffirms our
commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and fostering library
environments of courtesy and respect for our library staff and the populations
we serve.

        ASERL believes that when libraries tap into the wisdom of a workforce
that reflects the populations we serve, we are better able to understand and
meet the needs of the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and researchers we
serve.  We affirm that we achieve more together because of our differences, not
despite them. When libraries apply this pool of knowledge -- when employees are
trained in team building, decision-making, problem solving, and conflict
resolution -- we provide better, more interesting, innovative services to each
other and to our patrons.

        Moreover, ASERL strives to provide collaborative experiences free from
all forms of harassment, and inclusive of all people.  We will not tolerate
harassment within our community.  Our Diversity & Inclusion Values Statement
and our Code of Conduct further support our desire to build programming and
environments that support diversity, equity, and inclusion.

ASERL Diversity & Inclusion Values Statement:
http://www.aserl.org/aserl_diversity-inclusion_programming_statement_final/

ASERL Code of Conduct:  http://www.aserl.org/aserl_code_of_conduct/

Yolanda Cooper

President, Board of Directors

Yolanda Cooper, University Librarian

Emory Libraries

Robert Woodruff Library, Suite 316

540 Asbury Circle

Atlanta, GA 30322

ph:  404-727-0133

e-mail: yolanda.cooper [at] emory.edu<mailto:yolanda.cooper [at] emory.edu>