Reciprocal Reference Contacts -- 2015 Request for Information
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

ASERL Recip-Reference Friends:

I got an inquiry from a library that has recently joined this program, asking whom they should contact at any of the other participating libraries if they ever needed help using the archived reference titles.  As I was replying about our plan to only provide contacts by their titles/roles (e.g., contact the head of reference), our plan seemed unnecessarily complex to me, and just generally  unfriendly / uncooperative in tone.

So – Starting today, I would like to poll this group once per year to get the names & contact information for two contact persons who will be responsible for fielding questions from other ASERL librarians needing help with the retained reference titles.  It’s a quick/easy form that I commit to updating each year for the remainder of this pilot program (through December 2020).

TIMELINE:  Please submit your contact information using this link no later than July 15https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/recipref2015

Please let me know any questions or concerns you may have about this change in approach.  Thanks much.

   c/o Georgia State University Library - Administration Suite LS7

   100 Decatur Street SE

   Atlanta, GA 30303-3202