REMINDER: Recip Ref Steering Cmte Conf Call #3 -- Feb 2014
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 07:51:37 -0800 (PST)

We’ll gather on the conference call line in a few minutes.  Here’s the pertinent info:

ASERL Reciprocal Reference Conference Call #3

Monday, Feb 24, 2014

11am ET / 10am Central Time

ASERL CONFERENCE CALL NUMBER

1)     Dial 605/477-2100

2)    Enter 463 532 when prompted for a PIN.

Primary Discussion Topic

Review the list of reference titles with the following questions in mind:

1.    Which Recip-Ref library is willing to retain each title through 2020?  (UNC Greensboro and Clemson had agreed to retain some titles under the journal retention project -- those are noted here.  I see UVA has also added their name to retain a few others.  Please add your libraries to this list as desired.)

2.    Which of these titles need more than one copy to be retained? (And who will retain them?)

3.    What other titles (if any) should be retained under this agreement?

Also for our discussion: What “escape clause” seems workable for this project, if a library cannot fulfill its retention agreement?  The escape clause in Scholars Trust requires an exiting library to provide 24 months’ notice.  Is that workable or necessary for this program?

GOOGLE DOC:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AngLQbatEygidGxYeENxdlZHRXpsWUdTbHNZd3hvbmc&usp=sharing#gid=0

   Box 90182  /  411 Chapel Drive
   125 Bostock Library
   Durham, NC 27708