Recip Ref Steering Cmte Conf Call #3 -- Feb 2014
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 09:48:14 -0800 (PST)

Greetings, Reciprocal Reference Friends:

Happy 2014.  Here’s to an early Spring!

I’d like us to get back together in the next few weeks to continue our discussions about the Reciprocal Reference pilot program.

1)    Please indicate your availability for a conference call:  http://doodle.com/kuvmu73i83hiiedw

2)    Please remember that we agreed to review the list of reference titles found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AngLQbatEygidGxYeENxdlZHRXpsWUdTbHNZd3hvbmc&usp=sharing with the following questions in mind:

1.    Which Recip-Ref library is willing to retain each title through 2020?  (UNC Greensboro and Clemson had agreed to retain some titles under the journal retention project -- those are noted here.  I see UVA has also added their name to retain a few others.  Please add your libraries to this list as desired.)

2.    Which of these titles need more than one copy to be retained? (And who will retain them?)

3.    What other titles (if any) should be retained under this agreement?

Also for our discussion:  TBD – What “escape clause” seems workable for this project, if a library cannot fulfill its retention agreement?  The escape clause in Scholars Trust requires an exiting library to provide 24 months’ notice.  I’m not sure if that is workable or necessary for this program, but want your input on that question.

Thanks for your ongoing support.

   Box 90182  /  411 Chapel Drive
   125 Bostock Library
   Durham, NC 27708