Call for Volunteers -- ASERL Licensing Principles
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 07:16:24 -0800 (PST)

ASERL Friends:

ASERL has been asked to draft / adopt a set of shared Licensing Principles that our members can use as a tool when negotiating with vendors.  You may know the UNC system adopted something similar last year that can serve as a model for our efforts – see https://libguides.ecu.edu/ld.php?content_id=53145726.

We are now seeking a small group to help review this and any other models and to draft Licensing Principles that can serve all ASERL libraries.  We have two volunteers already – hoping for 5 – 7 more people.  I expect this work to be complete within a few months -- by summertime 2021 at the latest.  If you’d like to participate, please let me know by January 20, 2021.

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

--jeb

John Burger, Executive Director

c/o Robert W. Woodruff Library

540 Asbury Circle, Suite 316