Staff Shortage and Supplier status at VRC/VAUTMC
From: Shirley R Thomas (srthomasvcu.edu)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 12:20:10 -0800 (PST)

Resource Sharing Colleagues,

Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries (VRC, VAUTMC) returned to work from the Winter Break  greatly understaffed.

We will attempt to fill requests for materials from our electronic collections. We will also attempt to fill requests when we are the only lender or the very last in your lending strings.  We are not able to fill requests for copies or entire works from our physical collections. We ask that you put us toward the end of you lending strings and tables until the vacancies are filled or further notice. Thank you in advance for your consideration and cooperation.

Later this month, I will be leaving VCU Libraries to enter another phase of my life, retirement, after almost 44 years as a professional librarian.  I’ve enjoyed my years (almost 20) in resource sharing and will miss seeing and interacting with many of you at conferences, on committees, emails, and phone calls.  I’ll especially miss the OCLC Annual Resource Sharing Conference where I reunited with colleagues (and sometimes their families) once a year.

Stephen Barkley (srbarkley [at] vcu.edu) will be serving as the Interim Head of Resource Sharing and Delivery after I leave. Please include him in emails that you might have sent to me.

I posted this to several lists, so forgive the duplication.

Blessings!

--
Shirley R Thomas
Head, Resource Sharing and Delivery