NEWS: ASERL Launches "ASERL Ahead: Strategic Direction 2020-2023"
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 07:39:19 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

On behalf of the ASERL Board and membership, we are pleased to share with you
"ASERL Ahead: Strategic Directions 2020-2023."  This document is the result of
years of research and input from our members and other leaders in research
libraries.  ASERL Ahead divides ASERL's work for 2020-2023 into four main
areas:
*  Innovation and High-Impact Programming
*  Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
*  Expanded Member Engagement
*  Strengthening Infrastructure

ASERL Ahead also includes refined Mission, Vision, and Values statements for
the organization.

Even the "ASERL Ahead" name was the product of input from ASERL members:  In
April-May, we solicited ideas from across our membership on a new name for the
plan.  Our thanks and congratulations to Edward Lener of Virginia Tech for the
winning suggestion.  Edward will receive a $100 gift certificate in recognition
of his suggestion.

The attached news release provides full details on the plan.  The plan is also
attached, and can be found on the ASERL homepage as well -- www.aserl.org.

Please share this information with your colleagues and channels of
communication, as appropriate.

Many thanks to all who contributed, and for your assistance in helping to
spread the news of the launch of ASERL Ahead.

--jeb

John Burger, Executive Director
c/o Robert W. Woodruff Library
540 Asbury Circle, Suite 316