FW: SCS20 Call for Proposals
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 05:38:43 -0800 (PST)
Sharing the following announcement from our colleagues at UNC Greensboro
regarding the upcoming Scholarly Communication Symposium on May 10-11, 2020.
You’ll see they have secured commitments from big-name speakers in this arena,
including:
*  HEATHER JOSEPH, Executive Director, Scholarly Publishing and Academic
Resources Coalition
*  IVY ANDERSON, Director of Collection Development and Management for the
California Digital Library and UC System
*  GALE ETSCHMAIER, Dean of Libraries, Florida State University
*  NEREA LLAMAS, UNC Chapel Hill Associate University Librarian
*  BRANDON BUTLER, UVA Director of Information Policy
*  JONATHAN BAND, Independent Legal Consultant and Appellate Advocate
*  MARTIN EVE, Co-founder, Open Library of Humanities
*  ROBERT KILEY, Head of Open Research, Wellcome & Interim cOAlition S
Coordinator
*  JOHAN ROORYCK, Editor in Chief of Glossa: a journal of general linguistics
*  VINCENT LARIVIÈRE, Researcher at the Université de Montréal
*  BOB SCHATZ, Director of North American Sales at Knowledge Unlatched

This promises to be an important learning opportunity in our region for the
upcoming year.   See https://libconf.uncg.edu/ for more information and links
to the Call for Proposals.  Please contact Martin Halbert at mdhalber [at]
uncg.edu with any questions.

--jeb