NEWS: ASERL Statement in Support of Open Science and Scholarly Communication
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 05:58:14 -0800 (PST)

NEWS:  ASERL Statement in Support of Open Science and Scholarly Communication | November 11, 2019

“The Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) supports principles of open science and scholarly communication, transparency in contracting, and sustainability in pricing. We believe the MIT Framework for Publisher Contracts, with its six core principles for library contracts with publishers, reflects a global movement of research library leadership to transform scholarly communication as a means of making scholarly content more openly available. ASERL welcomes new partnerships with the research and learning community to develop new and innovative tools in support of these goals.”

See www.aserl.org/news for the full text.

Please let me know any questions.  Thanks!