ASERL's first collaborative online exhibit, “Enslaved People in the Southeast” is now online
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 11:44:07 -0800 (PST)

ASERL Friends:

The Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) is pleased to share our first-ever collaborative online exhibit, “Enslaved People in the Southeast.” The exhibit commemorates the 400th anniversary of the arrival of the first Africans sold into bondage in the English Colonies.  The exhibit includes materials from 33 ASERL member libraries and three libraries that are members of the HBCU Library Alliance, including auction records and other bills of sale, plantation records, materials from the abolitionist movement, and photographs and other items from the Jim Crow South.

The complete press announcement is available at www.aserl.org/news.  The direct link to the online exhibit is https://bit.ly/2JETOLF.

Our thanks to everyone who contributed time and materials to this endeavor!  Please let me know any questions.