Our farewell and congrats to a longtime friend of Kudzu
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 07:42:42 -0800 (PST)
Kudzu Friends:

Big news!  David Atkins, Professor and Head of Branch Libraries and Collection
Logistics at the University of Tennessee, will be the next Dean of Libraries at
East Tennessee State University.  The old-timers among us will recall David
played foundational roles in getting Kudzu off the ground back in 2000-2001, he
led an assessment of ASERL Resource Sharing activities as part of a RUSA-STARS
program in 2012, and been a great friend and supporter of resource sharing
across the region in innumerable ways.

David’s last day at University of Tennessee is tomorrow; he starts in his new
role at ETSU on January 1.  In addition to the step up the career ladder, I am
told the move will allow David to live closer to his family -- a good thing.

The official announcement is at
https://www.etsu.edu/news/2018/11-nov/nr_adkins_dean_of_libraries.aspx that
documents his many accomplishments.  Impressive, indeed.

Congrats, felicitations, and bon voyage to our old amigo!

   Tel:  404-727-0137

Find me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ASERLJEB ;