Save the Dates: ILL Technology Vendor Demo Days -- Oct 26 & Oct 29
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 06:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

ASERL / WRLC Resource Sharing Friends:

As part of our exploration of technology options in a post-ILLiad world, we are co-hosting a set of online vendor demonstrations with the known universe of ILL technology providers in the US.  The goal is to offer a means to compare/contrast the functions and features of the various systems in a relatively short timeframe.  These sessions will take place on Friday, Oct 26, 2018 and Monday, Oct 29, 2018. Sessions will begin at 12pm ET and conclude no later than 5pm ET on each day, with at least a 15 minute break between sessions.

We are finalizing a set of functional requirements that we would expect to be included in any future resource sharing tool. We will also provide each presenter with a standardized list of questions & scenarios to guide each presentation. We are still working on that information, but here’s the basic premises of what we will be asking for each online demonstration:
• Include information about system functionalities and business models, service-level agreements, etc.
• Clarify the features/functions that are in place today versus what’s in development?
• Are there prerequisite products/services for the tool to work?

In addition to the standardized list of questions/scenarios, there may be additional questions that are specific to a product or provider, and there may also be additional questions from attendees of the online meetings.

We will record all of these online sessions and make the recordings publicly available under a standard  a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License via the ASERL Archive page (www.aserl.org/archive). Recordings will be available beginning on Oct 30 (after all the 'live' online demo sessions are complete.)

While the schedule of who-will-present-when remains to be finalized, we ask that you PLEASE SAVE THE DATES:  Afternoons on October 26 and October 29.  More info to come.

Please let me know any questions.  Thank you.