LAST CALL: U-Florida Digital Scholarship Webinar next week
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 08:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

A reminder about this upcoming webinar from our colleagues at the University of
Florida, just after the holiday weekend.  We had a great session earlier this
month with the folks from Vanderbilt.  I am confident the UF session will be
equally worthwhile.

WEBINAR:  Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #3:  University of Florida "Sampler"
DATE / TIME:  September 5, 2018  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4726908629645911809

Speakers will include Crystal Felima, PhD, the CLIR Postdoctoral Fellow in
Caribbean Studies Data Curation at UF. Her interests include pedagogy,
narrative research, public anthropology, and Africana Studies. Crystal serves
as a team member of the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) to facilitate
campus-wide data curation activities and forge new collaborations to extend
capacity. She also consults with researchers and scholars on emerging trends
and best practices in digital humanities, data curation, and e-scholarship in
Caribbean Studies. Website: crystalfelima.com

Hélène Huet, PhD, is the European Studies Librarian at UF. She holds a Ph.D. in
French and Francophone Studies from the Pennsylvania State University. At UF,
Hélène oversees many international collections and collaborates on a variety of
projects from creating exhibits to organizing conferences. She also helps
facilitate undergraduate and graduate students’ research through library
instruction sessions and workshops. As a digital humanist and the Vice-Chair of
the Florida Digital Humanities Consortium (FLDH), a collective of institutions
in Florida that seeks to promote an understanding of the humanities in light of
digital technologies and research, she is particularly interested in studying
how digital tools can help facilitate students and faculty’s research.

Plato Smith, PhD, is the Data Management Librarian at UF with experience in
academic research libraries, digital libraries, and data management. He assists
in the development of socio-technical (people, policies, technologies,
communities) relationships with diverse stakeholders, leads the Data Management
and Curation Working Group, is a member of UF’s Academic Research Consulting &
Services (ARCS), and conducts data management instruction and training
workshops to develop a culture of data management.

Laurie N. Taylor, PhD, is UF’s Digital Scholarship Librarian, the dLOC Digital
Scholarship Director, and Editor-in-Chief of the LibraryPress@UF.  Website:
http://www.laurientaylor.org

REGISTRATION LIST - As of August 30:
1. Clemson University   Chris   Vinson
2. College of William & Mary    Carrie  Cooper
3. College of William & Mary    Lisa    Nickel
4. Duke University      Heather Martin
5. East Carolina University     Lucas   Berrini
6. East Carolina University     William Thomas
7. Florida International University     Jamie   Rogers
8. Florida International Unversity      Rita    Cauce
9. Florida State University     Devin   Soper
10. George Mason University     Wendy   Mann
11. Georgia State University    Laura   Burtle
12. Johns Hopkins       Tamsyn  Mahoney-Steel
13. Mississippi State University        Claudia Holland
14. Tulane University   Sean    Knowlton
15. Tulane University   Kevin   Williams
16. UNC Charlotte       Michael Winecoff
17. UNC Greensboro      Anna    Craft
18. UNC Greensboro      Christine       Fischer
19. University of Alabama       Sarah   Sahn
20. University of Central Florida       Mary    Rubin
21. University of Kentucky      Adrian  Ho
22. University of Kentucky      Jennifer        Hootman
23. University of Kentucky      Treshani        Perera
24. University of Louisville    Bruce   Keisling
25. University of South Carolina        KATE    BOYD
26. University of South Carolina        Amie    Freeman
27. University of South Carolina        Megan   Oliver
28. University of South Florida Melanie Griffin
29. University of South Florida Chelsea Johnston
30. University of South Florida Matthew Knight
31. University of South Florida Barbara Lewis
32. University of South Florida Paul    Onac
33. University of Tennessee     Michelle        Brannen
34. University of Tennessee     Anchalee        Panigabutra-Roberts
35. University of Virginia      Chip    German
36. University of Virginia      Ellen   Ramsey
37. Virginia Commonwealth University    Laura   Gariepy
38. Virginia Commonwealth University    Ngoc-My Guidarelli
39. Virginia Commonwealth University    Erin    White
40. Virginia Tech       Corinne Guimont
41. Virginia Tech       Virginia (Ginny)        Pannabecker
42. Wake Forest University      Heather Barnes

ABOUT ASERL WEBINARS
These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.
System Requirements:

We hope these prove to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!

--jeb

John Burger, Executive Director
Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) c/o Robert W. Woodruff
Library
540 Asbury Circle, Suite 316
Atlanta, GA  30322

404-727-0137