Call for Volunteers -- ASERL Working Group on the Future of Resource Sharing Technologies
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 08:53:07 -0700 (PDT)

ASERL Friends:

Based on a number of recent conversations concerning the upcoming ILLiad-Tipasa migration, ASERL is convening a new Working Group to examine options for the future of Resource Sharing technologies.

PURPOSE:  The general charge is to determine a recommend path or paths for ASERL libraries to undertake as ILLiad becomes no longer available to manage our significant ILL traffic.  At the moment, those options could include a recommendation that ASERL libraries move to a different technology (e.g., RAPID-R, Relais D2D, Alma, etc), or develop a set of Tipasa service/functional requirements to be submitted to OCLC, or something in between.

TIMELINE:  Ideally, the recommendation(s) would be drafted, reviewed, and submitted for ASERL library deans/directors to consider at the ASERL meeting at the end of November 2018.  Sooner would be better, if possible.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:  We seek 7-10 ASERL members to participate in this effort, including someone to serve as Chairperson.  A few people have already volunteered – our thanks to James Harper (Wake Forest Univ), Michael Hunter (George Mason Univ), and Renee Morefield (UNC Charlotte).  If this is of interest, please reply to me at jburger [at] aserl.org at your earliest opportunity.

Thank you.