Re: Webinar: Learn about sharing Special Collections items via ILL
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:40:49 -0700 (PDT)
All:

As some of you have learned, OCLC is restricting participation in this webinar
to Research Library Partnership (RLP, formerly RLG) member libraries only.  I
was unaware of this restriction when I posted the original message yesterday;
my apologies for the confusion.

I have asked my counterparts at RLP to reconsider this decision.  So far, they
are not budging.

I have asked them to re-reconsider, making clear my displeasure with this
policy.  I am not optimistic they will change their minds, so we will work to
offer a similar session using our webinar system in the near future, which
would be open to all (as is our SOP).  The OCLC webinar recording will
eventually be available via the public OCLC website as well.

Despite these frustrations, I was pleased to see the level of interest and
engagement on this topic among our membership.  Definitely worth future
explorations!  Please stay tuned on this developing issue, and let me know any
other questions.

Thank you.