Document Delivery Workflow Questions
From: Taulbee, Courtney E (courtney.taulbeeuky.edu)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone,

I’m interested in learning how other academic libraries handle certain workflow procedures, particularly for delivery services of in-house items to your users. Do you have a separate unit for these tasks? Does ILL borrowing and/or lending staff manage these responsibilities as well? Is Document Delivery handled by a different department altogether or perhaps are these tasks split between two departments?

For your institution, I’m curious as to which staff members are responsible for:

Processing requests for and making copies (articles, book chapters, etc.) from your collections for your campus users

Processing, filling, and managing returns for requested items from a remote storage facility

Filling hold requests for in-house pickup at your main branch and for those that will be sent to a different campus library location from the main branch

Managing physical item requests for distance learning users

Feel free to respond off-list.

Thanks!

Courtney Taulbee

Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery