ASERL signs Code4Lib Community Statement in Support of Chris Bourg, implements Code of Conduct
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 05:40:48 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

In its meeting yesterday, the ASERL Board of Directors signed on to the
Code4Lib Community Statement in Support of Chris Bourg, Director of Libraries
at Massachusetts Institute of Technology  who has experienced harassment
following a recent presentation she led examining why people from marginalized
groups voluntarily leave jobs in the tech world.  See
https://code4lib.github.io/c4l18-keynote-statement/.  ASERL members stand
shoulder-to-shoulder in defending our MIT colleague from mistreatment.

In the same meeting, the ASERL Board approved a Code of Conduct for all persons
participating in ASERL events, in-person or online, effective immediately.  See
http://www.aserl.org/aserl_code_of_conduct/.  While we have no evidence such
behavior has occurred in connection with our events, ASERL leaders seek to
ensure it never happens.  ASERL's policy was adapted from the Digital Library
Federation's Code of Conduct (https://www.diglib.org/about/code-of-conduct/);
we thank DLF for their inspiration.

Please let me know any questions.

Thank you.