REMINDER: "Red Light, Green Light" web-meeting is next week
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 06:48:46 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

A reminder that next week we will host a conversation with our longtime partner
Roger Schonfeld (Ithaka S+R) and well-known ASERL leader John Ulmschneider
(Virginia Commonwealth Univ Libraries) to discuss, "Red Light, Green Light:
Brainstorming how ASERL members can test a new licensing model."  We invite
interested ASERL libraries to join us for this presentation / commentary /
discussion.  The current registration list is below, FYI.

In a blog post on August 16, 2017, Roger Schonfeld proffered a draft model for
ways research libraries could design and undertake new processes to better
support their licensing activities, seeking support from others within the
library, the faculty they serve, and other units within the institution.  The
basic tenet is for libraries to define criteria for assigning which content
providers provide good value for the dollars they command in licensing fees,
and a system of assigning a red-yellow-green moniker for those who provide
poor-fair-good value or are otherwise problematic to the library and its users.

In this session, Roger will walk though his conceptual model, and ask for
audience input to identify strengths and challenges.  John Ulmschneider will
contribute his perspective on how such a model can support the work of research
libraries and invite participation from others within the university community.
 Ideally one or more ASERL libraries will be willing to serve as alpha testers
for this model in the foreseeable future.  We will conclude the discussion with
identifying other challenges faced by libraries continuing to struggle with
licensing issues, and opportunities that could mitigate some of those
difficulties.

(See http://www.sr.ithaka.org/publications/red-light-green-light-licensing/ for
the original blog post.)

WEB MEETING:  "Red Light, Green Light: Brainstorming how ASERL members can test
a new licensing model"
DATE / TIME:  October 13, 2017  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5216392509830558721

REGISTRATION LIST -- As of Oct 3, 2017
1. American University  Shane   Hickey
2. Auburn University    Nadine  Ellero
3. College of William & Mary    Georgie Donovan
4. Duke University      Emily   Daly
5. Duke University      Bethany Greene
6. Duke University      Jeff    Kosokoff
7. East Carolina University     William Gee
8. Emory University     Melanie Kowalski
9. Florida International University     Valerie Boulos
10. Florida State University    Devin   Soper
11. George Mason University     Michelle        Polchow
12. Georgia State University    Kat     H
13. Georgia State University    Jeff    Steely
14. Georgia State University    Tammy   Sugarman
15. Johns Hopkins Univ  Elizabeth       Mengel
16. Louisiana State University  Megan   Lounsberry
17. Mississippi State Univ      Claudia Holland
18. Tulane University   Kathrine        Montgomery
19. Tulane University   Jane    Pinzino
20. Tulane University   Neville         Prendergast
21. UNC Chapel Hill     Christine       Stachowicz
22. UNC Greensboro      Beth    Bernhardt
23. UNC Greensboro      Tim     Bucknall
24. UNC Greensboro      Christine       Fischer
25. University of Alabama       Michael Arthur
26. University of Alabama       Alice   Daugherty
27. University of Florida       Jason   Heckathorn
28. University of Florida       Trey    Shelton
29. University of Louisville    Carrie  Daniels
30. University of Louisville    Sarah   Frankel
31. University of Louisville    Bruce   Keisling
32. University of Miami Elizabeth       Fish
33. University of Mississippi   Christina       Torbert
34. University of South Carolina        Amie    Freeman
35. University of South Florida Tom     Cetwinski
36. University of Tennessee     Corey   Halaychik
37. University of Virginia      Suzanne Bombard
38. University of Virginia      Ellen   Ramsey
39. University of Wisconsin - Madison   svetlana        korolev
40. Virginia Commonwealth University    Sam     Byrd
41. Virginia Commonwealth University    Jimmy   Ghaphery
42. Virginia Commonwealth University    Hillary Miller
43. Virginia Commonwealth University    Danielle        Willgruber
44. Virginia Tech       Leslie  O'Brien
45. Virginia Tech       Kimberli        Weeks
46. Wake Forest University      Carol   Cramer
47. Wake Forest University      Alice   Eng
48. Wake Forest University      Molly   Keener

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members, and will be recorded
for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information with other
librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

about joining the webinar.  System requirements:
http://support.citrixonline.com/s/G2W/Help/SystemRequirements

 As always, our thanks for your ongoing support of ASERL.  Please let me know
any questions, or if you encounter any difficulties with our e-meeting system.

Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) c/o Robert W. Woodruff
Library