Sad news from UNC Greensboro
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 12:36:06 -0700 (PDT)

ASERL Friends:

I just received this sad news from our colleagues at UNC Greensboro.  I know many of you have interacted with Gaylor Callahan over the years.  Her passing was very sudden and unexpected.  She was an important and beloved member of the UNCG team.  I know y’all join me in offering our heartfelt condolences to her family, friends, and co-workers.

I am sad to share that a member of our Spartan community, Gaylor Callahan, died yesterday. She received her BA (1974) and MA (1977) in English from UNCG and pursued her graduate studies at Duke University.

Most of her career was devoted to the University Libraries. She worked in Circulation and Reserves while a student and after graduating worked in the Serials Department. Since 1984 Gaylor served as the Interlibrary Loan Borrower and helped countless researchers across campus with their projects. Associate Dean Kathryn Crowe notes that if you look at the acknowledgments in many UNCG faculty publications you will see their gratitude for Gaylor’s invaluable assistance.

Gaylor also taught English at Elon University, UNCG and Duke.

Our thoughts are with her family, friends and colleagues.