Webinar: Overview of VIVA’s Monographic Collection Analysis
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 13:43:07 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

I am pleased to announce a new webinar for our members and other colleagues.
You may know that some of our colleagues in Virginia engaged in a statewide
analysis of their monographic collections over the past couple of years.  On
September 13, we will hear from leaders of the VIVA consortium about the
reasons for undertaking the study, the process they used, and the resulting
collection retention agreements they were able to forge across academic
libraries in the Commonwealth and for negotiating shared ebook collections.
VIVA's activities in this regard may prove insightful / inspirational to others
as well.

WEBINAR:  An Overview of VIVA’s Monographic Collection Analysis
DATE / TIME:  Sept 13, 2017   |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3475247676886423555

The Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA), a consortium of 72 academic libraries
in Virginia, conducted a monographic collection analysis between 2013 and 2015
with Sustainable Collection Services. In this project, VIVA analyzed the
primary circulating holdings of 12 of its member libraries and compared them
with the holdings of the consortium as a whole. This project led to the
following agreements:
• a Memorandum of Understanding to protect the over 72,000 unique and rare
titles,
• a Memorandum of Understanding for the cooperative retention of 3.5 million
monographs,
• a voluntary recommended threshold for new print monograph purchases across
the consortium, and
• a process for focusing VIVA ebook acquisitions on publishers with widely held
and highly and recently used print titles.

The data from the collection analysis was demonstrated to be particularly
useful for the. This webinar will discuss the opportunities and challenges
associated with this type of analysis, as well as the different ways the
results were applied throughout the consortium.

As always, these sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.

about joining the webinar.  System requirements to attend this webinar:
http://support.citrixonline.com/webinar/all_files/G2W010003

Thanks for your interest in ASERL programming.  Please let me know if you
encounter any difficulties with our e-meeting system.