Webinar: "Implementing RightsStatements.org at the University of Miami Libraries"
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:14:36 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

I'm very pleased to announce a new webinar that we will offer in a few weeks,
"Implementing RightsStatements.org at the University of Miami Libraries."  This
webinar will provide an overview of efforts at the University of Miami
Libraries (UML) to implement the RightsStatements.org recommendations for new
and legacy materials that have been digitized for online access in the UM
Digital Collection. Laura Capell and Elliot Williams will explain their
rationale for adopting the RightsStatements.org recommendations, and go into
detail about the systematic review conducted on 52,000 legacy digital items
that contained little rights-related information in their metadata. They will
explain their workflows for updating the metadata to reflect the updated rights
information, and talk about the decision matrix they developed to help ensure
consistency. They will also cover how UML is moving forward with rights
assessment for new digital projects. Lastly, Capell and Williams will also
discuss some of the challenges they encountered as librarians who did not have
extensive backgrounds in copyright, and they will share some helpful tricks
learned along the way.

WEBINAR:  "Implementing RightsStatements.org at the University of Miami
Libraries"
DATE / TIME:  May 17, 2017  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/824790232801488130

 As always, these sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.

about joining the webinar.  System requirements to attend this webinar:
http://support.citrixonline.com/webinar/all_files/G2W010003

Thanks for your interest in ASERL programming.  Please let me know if you
encounter any difficulties with our e-meeting system.

   Atlanta, GA  30322-1006

   Tel:  404-727-0137

Follow ASERL on Facebook:  http://on.fb.me/Ziuz2a
Find me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ASERLJEB