REMINDER: ASERL Webinar "Overview of Yewno" is next week
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 12:47:38 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

A reminder that we will host a webinar next week to learn about Yewno, a new
type of discovery tool developed by Stanford University and other partners.
The registration list and sign-up link are below, FYI.

As they describe it, Yewno Education is a unique conceptual discovery
environment based not on key words and phrases but on ideas contained in full
text. Formally launched at ALA, Yewno is a "semantic-analysis engine" that uses
a mix of computational semantics, graph theory, and machine learning to
retrieve relevant documents without reliance on restrictive conventions imposed
by external technology or data format requirements.  The technology is
currently in beta-testing and/or trials at eight institutions: Harvard,
Stanford, MIT, the University of Michigan, University of California–Berkeley,
Stonehill College, Oxford University, and the Bavarian State Library. More
information can be found via the recent article about Yewno in Scholarly
kitchen:
https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2016/07/13/have-you-looked-at-this-yewno/.
Also see Yewno's channel on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVngx0NmbcPKaYwP1Syutw

WEBINAR:  "Overview of Yewno Semantic-Analysis Engine for ASERL"
DATE / TIME:  Wednesday, Aug 10, 2016   |  2pm EDT / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7719532976353160450

REGISTRATION LIST - As of Aug 4, 2016
1. Clemson University   Sarah   Lohmann
2. Duke University      Thomas  Crichlow
3. Duke University      Emily   Daly
4. Duke University      Jacquie Samples
5. East Carolina University     Catie   Guenther
6. East Carolina University     Beth    Ketterman
7. Florida International University     Jamie   Rogers
8. George Washington University robin   kinder
9. Georgia State University     Sarah   Kirkley
10. Georgia State University    Sofia   Slutskaya
11. Georgia State University    Tammy   Sugarman
12. Johns Hopkins University    Stephen         Sears
13. North Carolina State University     Tessa   Minchew
14. Tulane University   Jeannette       Thompson
15. UNC Charlotte       Ann     Davis
16. UNC Charlotte       Bob     Price
17. UNC Charlotte       Liz     Siler
18. UNC Charlotte       Michael Winecoff
19. UNC Greensboro      Terry   Brandsma
20. UNC Greensboro      Tim     Bucknall
21. UNC Greensboro      Anna    Craft
22. University of Central Florida       Eda     Correa
23. University of Central Florida       Mary    Page
24. University of Georgia       Marty   Hughes
25. University of Kentucky      Tari    Keller
26. University of Louisville    Carrie  Daniels
27. University of Virginia      Suzanne Bombard
28. University of Virginia      Ellen   Ramsey
29. Virginia Commonwealth University    Hillary Miller
30. Virginia Commonwealth University    Shirley Thomas
31. Virginia Tech       Leslie  O'Brien
32. Virginia Tech       Connie  Stovall
33. Wake Forest University      Lauren  Corbett
34. Wake Forest University      James   Harper

As always, these sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please share this information with other
librarians & staff at ASERL institutions.  Our webinars are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

System Requirements
*  PC-based attendees must use Windows(r) 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
*  Mac(r)-based attendees must use Mac OS(r) X 10.6 or newer
*  Mobile attendees must use iPhone(r), iPad(r), Android(tm) phone or Android
tablet. An app download may be required.

We hope you find this offer to be of interest.  Please let me know if you
encounter any difficulties with our e-meeting platform.

Thank you!

--jeb

John Burger, Executive Director

NOTE:  ASERL has moved!  Our new address & telephone number are:
   ASERL
   ℅ Robert W. Woodruff Library
   540 Asbury Circle, Suite 316
   Atlanta, GA  30322-1006