[aserl_coll_assess] FW: An invitation from SPARC
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 08:21:05 -0700 (PDT)
Please see the message below from Caitlin Carter at SPARC

--jeb

Overview:

SPARC recently hosted a call with representatives from several consortia to
discuss how we might better support these groups in our journal negotiation
community of practice work. During this call, we discussed the importance of
sharing negotiations details, including strategies for negotiating for price
reductions in overall subscription spend. For our next call, we’d like to
extend the invitation to other consortia to discuss two recent negotiations.

Join the Canadian Research Knowledge Network (CRKN) and the Colorado Alliance
of Research Libraries
(CARL)<https://www.coalliance.org/news/colorado-alliance-signs-3-year-contract-elsevier>
 on Thursday, April 22, from 3-4 ET / 12-1 PT. Craig Olsvik (CRKN) and George
Machovec (CARL) will share details about their successful negotiations with
Elsevier. Each deal includes a significant decrease in license cost. Craig and
George will provide details and answer questions.

If you would like to join, please fill out this
form<https://forms.gle/Av5CTjF6P8QQWzBu8>. We also encourage you to send this
information directly to other consortial leaders as well (rather than posting
this on a public list).

Thank you!
Caitlin Carter
VPO for Negotiations, SPARC