[aserl_coll_assess] This Week: Collection Assessment, Special Collections during Pandemic, Racial Justice Blogging
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 09:21:21 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

Thanks to everyone who joined us on Thursday for the conversation with ALA's
Tracie Hall, covering a wide range of topics including leadership, the future
of libraries, activism, and the arts.  The recording is available on our
Archive page now if you'd like to listen in.

This week we look at very pragmatic issues in modern academic libraries:
collections assessment, how to serve Special Collections researchers, and
developing a racial justice blog using library content.  We hope you find these
interesting and useful - and we welcome your ideas for future programming!

"Realize Your Assessment Dreams: Practical Strategies for Making Collection
Analysis a Reality"
Mar 22, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7836175803769886480
108 people registered as of March 20

"The Pandemic's Impact on Serving Special Collections Researchers"
Mar 24, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1284136534153491213
183 people registered as of March 20

"Collaborating for Impact: Creating a Racial Justice Blog Series to Connect the
Past to the Present"
Mar 25, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3428824125569051150
87 people registered as of March 20

"Metadata through a DEI Lens: Creating More Inclusive Cataloging in the MARC
Environment"
Mar 30, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2677893967524002575
521 people registered as of March 20

"Overview of Open Access Models, Lessons Learned"
April 6, 2021 at 11am ET / 10am Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1251953830221646606
18 people registered as of March 20

"Making the most of your new cache of Adam Matthew content"
April 12, 2021 at 11am ET / 10am Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8217011447697974796
23 people registered as of March 20

"On These Grounds: Developing an Event Ontology and Resources for Describing
Enslaved Lives"
April 15, 2021 at 3pm ET / 2pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6572276192333170443
24 people registered as of March 20

NEW!  "The Public Interest Data Literacy ("PIDLit") Initiative: Sharing and
Gathering Feedback"
April 22, 2021 at 2pm EDT / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1564458124797696269
5 people registered as of March 20

ASERL's webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.  As always,
these sessions are available at no cost, and will be recorded for later
playback on our Archive page -- see http://www.aserl.org/archive.

about joining the webinar.

We hope these prove to be interesting and useful.  Your constructive feedback
is always welcome!

Thank you for your continued support of ASERL programming.

Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) c/o Robert W. Woodruff
Library