[aserl_coll_assess] ASERL partnership with DOAJ
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 09:04:01 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

As some of you have heard already, this week ASERL secured a handshake
agreement with the leaders of the Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ) to
provide any ASERL library wishing to support DOAJ with 30% discounts off their
standard fees.

You may have seen an announcement from BTAA/DOAJ recently - the ASERL agreement
is the same.  There are also several identical offers under development in
state consortia in our region.  ASERL libraries wishing to support DOAJ can
avail themselves of whichever offer is most convenient for them.  There is no
"more participants = bigger discounts" aspect to this arrangement, so feel free
to choose whichever is easiest.

The pricing is slightly complex - two tiers of support, discounts if you pay
for three years all at once, that sort of thing.  We will offer a webinar on
March 9 for our members to review the services provided by DOAJ, their funding
structure, and the options for library support for their work.  See below for
more info on the webinar.

WEBINAR INFO

"Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ): An Overview for ASERL Libraries"

March 9, 2021 at 11am EST / 10am Central
REGISTER / MORE INFO:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8924200833751772432

An official announcement is in the works - please stay tuned for that.

We hope this is useful to you.  Please let me know any questions.  Thanks.