[aserl_coll_assess] NEWS: WRLC and GWLA Join Library Accessibility Alliance
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 15:55:28 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

On behalf of the Library Accessibility Alliance (LAA), I am pleased to share
news of our recent growth:  Today we announce the Greater Western Library
Alliance (GWLA) and the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) have
joined the LAA.  The four consortial partners now in LAA represent more than
100 large academic libraries across the US, working to ensure equitable access
to library content and services.

The full news announcement is attached -- in both WORD and PDF format -- along
with a copy of the LAA logo, if it is helpful with sharing the news of our
recent growth.  The online version of the announcement is at
https://www.btaa.org/about/news-and-publications/news/2021/02/08/library-accessibility-alliance-adds-new-partners-gwla-and-wrlc-to-bolster-accessibility-awareness-assessment-outreach
 .  Contact information for each consortium is included in the announcement, as
desired.

Also, FYI -- For the time being, LAA's web content is hosted by the Big Ten
Academic Alliance (BTAA) - see
https://www.btaa.org/library/accessibility/reports .  BTAA was a pioneer is
this work, starting with their e-resource accessibility assessments in 2016,
and co-founding the Library Accessibility Alliance in 2020.  ASERL began
partnering with BTAA in 2019 on this work, and together we launched the Library
Accessibility Alliance a year ago.  With our new partners now on board, we will
soon have a new, dedicated LAA website in development.

Thanks for your consideration!