[aserl_coll_assess] Spring programming, Doodle Poll for January Meeting
From: Helen Mcmanus (hmcmanusgmu.edu)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 05:07:51 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone,

The ASERL Collection Assessment Interest Group co-chairs are working on Spring
programming. We want to start out with a membership meeting in January. Please
complete this Doodle
Poll<https://doodle.com/poll/w7d8xnaecm7pn8p7?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link>
by Wednesday, December 16 to let us know your availability. The purpose of this
meeting will be to discuss the group’s priorities and set goals for the rest of
the year. We would like to discuss initiatives beyond programming, such as
developing a collection analysis data toolkit, building a resource page focused
on diversity, equity, and inclusion in collection assessment, or other ideas
you may have.

Many thanks to all who completed our survey on 2021 programming. With 11

  *   Three formats were popular: traditional 1 hour webinar, 30-minute “meet
the expert” sessions, and conversation via Zoom on a specific topic.
  *   The most popular topic was Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with 9 votes.
Three topics tied for second place with 7 votes each: Examples of working
collection analysis approaches; Collections Strategy as the new Collection
Development; Data skills for collection analysis. In third place with 6 votes
was Qualitative approaches to collection analysis.
  *   Suggested topics from the survey and our post-Charleston-Conference video
chat:
     *   Comparing different institutions’ assessment of specific resources.
     *   Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in relation to the Big Deals
     *   DDA – practical considerations
     *   Looking ahead to life after COVID: The pandemic forced a short term
pivot to e-resources. Should we let that shape our long term decisions?
     *   How are group members managing print collections when faced with
dwindling library space?
  *   Suggested speakers: Madeline Kelly.

Please feel free to respond to this email with any additional comments or
suggestions!

Best,
Helen
Co-Chair, ASERL Collection Assessment Interest Group

--
Helen McManus, PhD, MLIS
Head, Collections Strategy
Pronouns<https://www.glsen.org/sites/default/files/GLSEN%20Pronouns%20Resource.pdf>: