[aserl_coll_assess] ASERL asks members to halt shipment of all physical items between libraries
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 08:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

Due to health concerns and the changing operating status of our member
campuses, the ASERL Board  of Directors is asking our members to immediately
cease shipments of all physical materials between libraries.

  *   Items in the pipeline will flow to their endpoints.
  *   This include libraries using Lanter courier; Lanter will process any
remaining items in their workstream but take on no additional outgoing
requests.  Lanter will retain any items for libraries that are not open at the
time of delivery.
  *   Based on the information we currently have, we recommend that any
incoming materials be left untouched for a minimum of 48 hours.
These requests will remain in effect until further notice.

FOCUS ON E-DELIVERY:  The corresponding side of this request is we ask our
members to prioritize requests to scan / e-deliver ILL materials, including
scanning multiple book chapters for items that had previously been requested
for physical delivery.

UPDATE YOUR STATUS:  If your campus is closed/closing, please be sure to update
your library's status in OCLC so e-requests can be routed appropriately.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this important request.  Please let me know
any questions.