[aserl_coll_assess] Seeking names for new Accessibility Interest Group
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 06:38:19 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

As you know, last Fall we launched a partnership with the Big Ten Academic
Alliance to expand their ongoing work assessing electronic resources for the
compliance with WCAG standards.  Recently branded as the "library Accessibility
Alliance, ASERL's representatives to the Steering Committee are Beth Ashmore,
Associate Head of Acquisitions & Discovery, North Carolina State University;
Sara Belmont, Web Developer, William & Mary Libraries; and Jon Ezell,
Coordinator for Creative Media & Instructional Design, University of Alabama.

We are now seeking to create a new Interest / Discussion Group for people in
ASERL libraries who have an interest in Accessibility issues.  (BTAA
established a similar group several years ago when they launched their effort.)
 We initially expect this group to provide input on the ongoing assessment
processes, but we will expand the focus over time to include a wider array of
related topics.  We are drafting a needs assessment instrument now, and
envision shared training experiences and other ways to build expertise and
networking into the future.

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE INCLUDED ON THIS LIST?
Please share this request with interested persons.  Anyone who'd like to be
added to the new email list should send his/her/their send contact info to me.
We'll host an initial kick-off call later this Spring to make introductions,
review initial inputs from the needs assessment, and discuss ways we can work
together -- both within ASERL, and in partnership with BTAA.

Thanks for your help with this!