[aserl_coll_assess] REMINDER: 30% Member-Only Discounts on Gale Digital Scholars Lab
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 10:16:10 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

A reminder that ASERL members can receive a 30% discount on onboarding fee and
20% discount on annual access fee on Gale's Digital Scholar Lab (DSL) through
March 2020.  DSL is a cloud-based research environment that allows students and
scholars to apply natural language processing tools to raw text data (OCR) from
Gale's primary source collections in a single research environment. The Lab
removes key barriers to entry into digital scholarship, enabling users at any
level to text mine large corpora of historical texts, and streamlines workflows
to enable scholars and students to focus on their core research objectives.
See the full details on our Member Offers page -
www.aserl.org/offers<http://www.aserl.org/offers>.  We are currently at the
top-tier of discounting for this product.

To introduce this offer, in Fall 2019 we hosted a webinar with two digital
scholars who talk about their use of the tool.  In the session, Dr. Wendy Perla
Kurtz walks through the impetus behind the creation of the Lab, as well as
highlight the available functionality. Dr. Sarah Ketchley discusses pedagogical
uses cases of the Lab, focusing on introductory-level classes in digital
humanities.  The recording is now on our Archive page -
www.aserl.org/archive<http://www.aserl.org/archive>.

This offer and all ASERL Member-Only offers can be found at
www.aserl.org/offers<http://www.aserl.org/offers>.  Please let me know any
questions.  Thanks!