[aserl_coll_assess] REMINDER: "The collaboration between Advancement and Special Collections: How does it help with donor relations?" webinar if Friday
From: John Burger (jburger111hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:18:09 -0800 (PST)

ASERL Friends:

A reminder that we will offer this webinar on Friday afternoon, Dec 13.  Please
join us as desired, and feel free to share this announcement with others.  The
registration list is below, FYI.

SESSION INFO
Small, large, transformative: Donations and gifts can truly change and enhance
Special Collections -- their collections, facilities, outreach and programming,
and staffing. Building relationships with your donors in collaboration with
your development officer can take time and effort. How can Special Collections
professionals most effectively build a donor community and ensure long-term
support for their repository?

María R. Estorino (Associate University Librarian, Louis Round Wilson Special
Collections Library-University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill), L. Blue Dean
(Executive Director of Library Development, UNC-Chapel Hill), Tanya
Zanish-Belcher (Director, Special Collections & Archives, Wake Forest
University), and Mikhaela (Mika) Payden-Travers (Assistant Director, Library
and College Development, Wake Forest University) will describe the challenges
and issues you may face as you work with development officers as you connect
with donors. What role will your advancement/development officer play? How can
you best work with them, as you build support?

While Special Collections may be about the books, archives, and objects
representing our cultural heritage, what we really are about is people. The
people who created and saved these materials -- present, past, and future --
and the people who want to use them to construct new narratives. Our mission is
how can we best serve as thoughtful and dedicated intermediaries and partners
to ensure their stories and lives are not forgotten.

WEBINAR:  "The collaboration between Advancement and Special Collections: How
does it help with donor relations?"
DATE & TIME:  Dec 13, 2019 at 2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:   https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4949274973432802827

REGISTRATION LIST _ As of Dec 10
Auburn University       Gregory Schmidt
Duke University John    Gartrell
East Carolina University        Layne   Carpenter
East Carolina University        Janice  Gwaltney
East Carolina University        Melissa Nasea
East Carolina University        Jennifer        Overstreet
East Carolina University        Marlena Rose
Emory University        John    Bence
Emory University        Erin    Horeni-Ogle
Emory University        Meaghan O’Riordan
Emory University        Laura   Starratt
Florida State University        Robyn   Bertram
Florida State University        Rachel  Duke
Florida State University        Rory    Grennan
Florida State University        Sandra  Varry
George Mason University Lynn    Eaton
George Mason University kathleen        kehoe
Georgia State University        Katherine       Fisher
Georgia State University        Benoit  Sabourin
Georgia State University        Christina       Zamon
Louisiana State University      Gina    Costello
Louisiana State University      John    Miles
Louisiana State University      Jennifer        Mitchell
NC State        Eleanor Brown
Tulane  Agnieszka       Czeblakow
Tulane  Jane    Pinzino
UNC Chapel Hill Nicholas        Graham
UNC Charlotte   Dawn    Schmitz
UNC School of the Arts  Sarah   Falls
University of Alabama   Lorraine        Madway
University of Florida   Sara    Piety
University of Florida   Neil    Weijer
University of Georgia   Ashton  Ellett
University of Georgia   Leandra Nessel
University of Georgia   Kat     Stein
University of Kentucky  Colleen Barrett
University of Kentucky  Jay-Marie       Bravent
University of Kentucky  Ruth    Bryan
University of Kentucky  Kathryn Caton
University of Louisville        Delinda Buie
University of Louisville        Caroline        Daniels
University of Louisville        Elizabeth       Reilly
University of Memphis   John    Evans
University of Tennessee Rebecca Becker
University of Tennessee Casey   Fox
University of Virginia  Whitney Buccicone
Yale University Rosemary        Davis

Our webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.  As always,
these sessions are available at no cost, and will be recorded for later
playback on our Archive page -- see
www.aserl.org/archive<http://www.aserl.org/archive>

about joining the webinar.

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please feel free to share this
information with others who may be interested.  And please let me know any
questions or if you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.