[aserl_coll_assess] NEW WEBINAR: "The collaboration between Advancement and Special Collections: How does it help with donor relations?"
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 10:19:28 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

We are pleased to offer this webinar next week from our Special Collections
Interest Group.  Please join us as desired, and feel free to share this
announcement with others.

SESSION INFO
Small, large, transformative: Donations and gifts can truly change and enhance
Special Collections -- their collections, facilities, outreach and programming,
and staffing. Building relationships with your donors in collaboration with
your development officer can take time and effort. How can Special Collections
professionals most effectively build a donor community and ensure long-term
support for their repository?

María R. Estorino (Associate University Librarian, Louis Round Wilson Special
Collections Library-University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill), L. Blue Dean
(Executive Director of Library Development, UNC-Chapel Hill), Tanya
Zanish-Belcher (Director, Special Collections & Archives, Wake Forest
University), and Mikhaela (Mika) Payden-Travers (Assistant Director, Library
and College Development, Wake Forest University) will describe the challenges
and issues you may face as you work with development officers as you connect
with donors. What role will your advancement/development officer play? How can
you best work with them, as you build support?

While Special Collections may be about the books, archives, and objects
representing our cultural heritage, what we really are about is people. The
people who created and saved these materials -- present, past, and future --
and the people who want to use them to construct new narratives. Our mission is
how can we best serve as thoughtful and dedicated intermediaries and partners
to ensure their stories and lives are not forgotten.

WEBINAR:  "The collaboration between Advancement and Special Collections: How
does it help with donor relations?"
DATE & TIME:  Dec 13, 2019 at 2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4949274973432802827

Our webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.  As always,
these sessions are available at no cost, and will be recorded for later
playback on our Archive page -- see http://www.aserl.org/archive.

about joining the webinar.

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please feel free to share this
information with others who may be interested.  And please let me know any
questions or if you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.