[aserl_coll_assess] NEWS: ASERL Statement in Support of Open Science and Scholarly Communication
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 05:58:14 -0800 (PST)
NEWS:  ASERL Statement in Support of Open Science and Scholarly Communication |
November 11, 2019

"The Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) supports principles
of open science and scholarly communication, transparency in contracting, and
sustainability in pricing. We believe the MIT Framework for Publisher
Contracts<http://news.mit.edu/2019/mit-announces-framework-guide-negotiations-publishers-1023>,
 with its six core principles for library contracts with publishers, reflects a
global movement of research library leadership to transform scholarly
communication as a means of making scholarly content more openly available.
ASERL welcomes new partnerships with the research and learning community to
develop new and innovative tools in support of these goals."

See www.aserl.org/news<http://www.aserl.org/news> for the full text.

Please let me know any questions.  Thanks!