[aserl_coll_assess] Webinar: VIVA’s Experience Building a More Sustainable and Open Model with Wiley
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 06:52:19 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

We are partnering with our colleagues at VIVA to share information about their
recent agreement with Wiley.

As part of its efforts to design innovative and sustainable approaches to
library subscription models, our colleagues at VIVA has signed a pilot
agreement with Wiley for 2020 and 2021. This agreement includes both Open
Access publishing funds and journal subscriptions. Specifically, it allows
researchers from any participating VIVA institution, regardless of research
level, to publish in fully gold open access journals using a central fund,
while maintaining access to the full extent of Wiley journal holdings for the
consortium. Join the VIVA Director and Deputy Director on this webinar to learn
more about how this model was developed as part of VIVA’s Sustainable Journal
Pricing work and how the consortium has worked to transition away from pricing
models built on legacy print subscriptions.

WEBINAR:  VIVA’s Experience Building a More Sustainable and Open Model with
Wiley
DATE & TIME:  October 1, 2019 at 11 AM EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4186947276593459979

Our webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.  As always,
these sessions are available at no cost, and will be recorded for later
playback on our Archive page -- see http://www.aserl.org/archive.

about joining the webinar.

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please feel free to share this
information with others who may be interested.  And please let me know any
questions or if you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.