[aserl_coll_assess] Big Deals Community of Practice
From: Elizabeth Siler (esiler3uncc.edu)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 08:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
Dear ASERL Colleagues,

One of the outcomes of the most recent ASERL Meeting was a discussion of
re-working current “big deal” journal packages to contain costs, which
several ASERL libraries have already accomplished and/or are seriously
considering. ASERL has agreed to form a new Community of Practice to
support those responsible for this work, and create a set of best practices
that can be used by ASERL members as we navigate these changes.

The Collection Assessment Committee chairs have been tasked with
formulating and populating this CoP.  If you would like to participate in
the Community, please reply to me (Liz) at esiler3 [at] uncc.edu.  We would like
to host a kickoff conference call in early September 2019.

Thanks!

Liz Siler

Paul Cammarata

Co-Chairs - ASERL Collection Assessment Committee
Elizabeth Siler, MLIS | Collection Development Librarian
UNC Charlotte | Atkins Library
9201 University City Blvd.| Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-1372 | Fax: 704-678-0890
esiler3 [at] uncc.edu | http://www.uncc.edu
(Pronouns: she, her, hers)