[aserl_coll_assess] New Co-Chairs for ASERL Interest Groups
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 06:55:16 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

At its meeting last week, the ASERL Board of Directors confirmed the following
appointments to be co-chairs of two important communities of practice in our
consortium:

*         ASERL Scholarly Communications Interest Group:  Jason Burton, Lead
STEM Librarian at the University of Mississippi Libraries, will be co-chair
from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2021.  For the first year Jason will serve
will Ellen Ramsey, Director, Scholarly Repository Services at the University of
Virginia Library.

*         ASERL Special Collections Interest Group:  Tanya Zanish-Belcher,
Director, Special Collections & Archives at Wake Forest University's Z. Smith
Reynolds Library, will be co-chair from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2021.
Tanya will serve with Jessica Perkins-Smith, University Archivist at
Mississippi State University, for the first year.

*         ASERL Collection Assessment Interest Group:  Because this group is
newly re-formed, the existing co-chairs (Liz Siler, UNC Charlotte and Paul
Cammarata, University of South Carolina) requested to remain in place until
programming gets underway.  We will determine a new pattern for chairperson
rotation at a later date.

Our sincere thanks to the many volunteers we had for these posts.  It is
gratifying to see such strong support for these community leadership posts.  To
those who were not selected this year, please re-consider when we call for
volunteers again in 2020.

Here's to a fun & fulfilling new year of programming!  Please let me know any
questions.

Best,