[aserl_coll_assess] REMINDER: Software Preservation Code of Best Practices, GT Case Study webinar
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

ASERL Friends:

A reminder / update about a new webinar we are offering next week:  The Code of
Best Practices in Fair Use for Software Preservation provides information and
guidance for anyone working with copyrighted software, whether their focus is
on simply migrating formats or they’re interested in providing broad access
across a network of institutions. In this introduction to the Code, you’ll
learn: What the Code is; What the copyright doctrine of fair use is; How it
addresses problems such as making preservation copies, patron access onsite and
remotely, sharing software with other institutions, and providing access to
source code; and Why best practices codes are a robust, reliable guide to
practice. Featuring members of the research team that developed the Code as
well as practitioners from ASERL libraries, the webinar will lay the groundwork
for anyone interested in using the Code to clear away legal clouds that have
haunted their practice.

WEBINAR:  Overview of Software Preservation Code of Best Practices, GT Case
Study

DATE / TIME:  April 24, 2019  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time

REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7095264379736304387

REGISTRATION LIST - As of April 17

  1.  Florida International University         Jamie    Rogers
  2.  Georgia State University       Katherine            Fisher
  3.  NC State University Brian      Dietz
  4.  University of Memphis          Sylverna               Ford
  5.  University of Mississippi        Jason     Burton
  6.  Wake Forest               Tim         Pyatt

As always, these sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests,
and will be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this
information with others who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed under
a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

System Requirements:

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!

Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) c/o Robert W. Woodruff
Library

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6925-8566