[aserl_coll_assess] ASERL Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #7: Scholars' Labs (SLab) at UVA -- Digital humanities publication for a community lab
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 13:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

From: John Burger <customercare [at] gotowebinar.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:21 PM
To: John Burger <jburger [at] aserl.org>
Subject: Join Us for ASERL Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #7: Scholars' Labs
(SLab) at UVA -- Digital humanities publication for a community lab

ASERL Friends:

I'm pleased to announce the next in our series of Digital Scholarship Show &
Tell webinars, hearing from leaders of the Scholars Lab at the University of
Virginia.  In this session, Scholars Lab Co-Director Alison Booth will speak to
the challenges of scholarly communication for humanities faculty who work with
digital resources, based on her own experience as an English professor and
director of a longstanding digital project, Collective Biographies of Women
(http://cbw.iath.virginia.edu/), which has been supported by different research
groups, Scholars’ Lab and IATH. Universities and libraries are adjusting as
humanities faculty conduct research in ways similar to social and natural
sciences: apply for grants, form collaborative research groups or labs, offer
open peer review in advance of publication (like pre-prints), present work in
poster sessions, and work with large datasets on experiments that are intended
to be reproducible. Nevertheless, in digital humanities, we want to affirm the
irreducible, unverifiable qualitative work of the humanities, as well the
distinctive humanities approaches to accessibility, preservation, and
intellectual property.

WEBINAR:  ASERL Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #7: Scholars' Labs (SLab) at
UVA -- Digital humanities publication for a community lab
DATE & TIME:  April 26, 2019 at 11am ET / 10am Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4691295454879344641

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with others who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

about joining the webinar.  System Requirements:

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6925-8566