[aserl_coll_assess] WEBINAR: Software Preservation Code of Best Practices, GT Case Study
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 11:27:54 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

I am pleased to announce a new webinar:  The Code of Best Practices in Fair Use
for Software Preservation provides information and guidance for anyone working
with copyrighted software, whether their focus is on simply migrating formats
or they’re interested in providing broad access across a network of
institutions. In this introduction to the Code, you’ll learn: What the Code is;
What the copyright doctrine of fair use is; How it addresses problems such as
making preservation copies, patron access onsite and remotely, sharing software
with other institutions, and providing access to source code; and Why best
practices codes are a robust, reliable guide to practice. Featuring members of
the research team that developed the Code as well as practitioners from ASERL
libraries, the webinar will lay the groundwork for anyone interested in using
the Code to clear away legal clouds that have haunted their practice.

WEBINAR:  Overview of Software Preservation Code of Best Practices, GT Case
Study
DATE / TIME:  April 24, 2019  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7095264379736304387

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with others who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.  After
registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about
joining the webinar.
System Requirements:

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6925-8566