[aserl_coll_assess] Summary of ASERL-CRL Print Journal Collection Analysis Pilot, Thursday March 21, 2019
From: Cheryle Cole-Bennett (ccole-bennettaserl.org)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 12:35:44 -0800 (PST)
Good afternoon,
As you will recall, ASERL has been working since January 2018 with the Center
for Research Libraries and six ASERL-CRL members on a test of Collection
Analysis processes to aid in the development of our print journal retention
program.  The six pilot libraries are:

  *   Emory University
  *   University of Alabama
  *   University of Florida
  *   University of South Carolina
  *   University of Tennessee-Knoxville
  *   Virginia Tech

The participating libraries have completed their review of CRL’s collection
assessment data.  We invite you to attend a webinar to share the findings of
this work and discuss core concepts that may be used to formulate a future
retention model for ScholarsTrust.

[For those with an interest in the mechanics of the CRL Collection Analysis, a
follow-up webinar is being planned to present a more detailed look at the
project.  We will examine the records submission process, the CRL normalization
of the records, and review the types of reports that are generated for both the
individual library and at the program level.   Additional information on this
session is forthcoming.]

WEBINAR:  Summary of ASERL-CRL Print Journal Collection Analysis Pilot
DATE / TIME:  Thursday, March 21, 2019  -- 3pm ET / 2pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/516426715196453891

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information
about joining the webinar.  The session is free and open to interested
deans/directors, librarians, faculty, and staff, and will be recorded for later
playback.  Please feel free to share this information with colleagues who may
find the topic of interest.  Our webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Atlanta, GA  30322-1006
Telephone:  470-222-4960