[aserl_coll_assess] impact of off-site facilities on research
From: Pinzino, Jane M (jpinzinotulane.edu)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 09:07:22 -0800 (PST)
Greetings colleagues,

Here at Tulane, we continue to move print materials from the main library into
off-site storage, as most if not all research libraries are obliged to do.

I would welcome hearing from you about your perceptions about how research and
researchers at your institution -- particularly for the Humanities -- are
impacted by the physical distancing of print materials, particularly
monographs.  For example:

·  What is the typical turnaround time for obtaining an off-site item?

·  Do you think your scholars indeed receive what they need "just in time" to
support their research process?

·  Do you think scholars tend not to request an item because it is too much
trouble, or the turnaround time is too long?

Thank you for any feedback you can offer on this.

Jane M Pinzino, MLIS, PhD

Coordinator for Scholarly Resources for the Humanities

Tulane University/Howard-Tilton Memorial Library

7001 Freret St, New Orleans, LA 70118

Offices 201 and 604

(504) 247-1560

webpage<https://library.tulane.edu/about/directories/staff/jane-marie-pinzino>