[aserl_coll_assess] WEBINAR: "A Framework for Library Support of Publishing Expansive Digital Humanities Projects"
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 07:20:08 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

Happy 2019!  I'm pleased to announce a new webinar about how libraries can
support scholars as they pursue creation of “expansive digital publications” –
that is, challenging digital publications that can span disciplinary and
institutional boundaries, use many different technologies, have multiple
scholarly outputs, grow over time, operate over the long term or are
multi-phase, aim to engage with multiple audiences, and, in general, use
digital tools and methods to explore or enable scholarship that would be more
difficult to achieve through traditional publishing. The webinar will review
the report, "A Framework for Library Support of Expansive Digital Publishing,"
(https://expansive.pubpub.org/) which is the result of a recent initiative at
Duke University Libraries, funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. This
session will focus specifically on how libraries can work with a network of
presses, humanities institutes, and foundations to support expansive digital
publishing from start to finish, including how to address planning; resource
allocation; discovery; evaluation; and preservation and sustainability.  The
presenters will be Dave Hansen and Liz Milewicz of Duke University Libraries.

WEBINAR:  A Framework for Library Support of Publishing Expansive Digital
Humanities Projects
DATE / TIME:  January 23, 2019  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4062474858334653698

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with others who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.  After
registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about
joining the webinar.
System Requirements:

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!

   Atlanta, GA  30322-1006

   Tel:  404-727-0137

Follow ASERL on Facebook:  http://on.fb.me/Ziuz2a
Find me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ASERLJEB