[aserl_coll_assess] Paul Cammarata to co-chair ASERL Collection Assessment Interest Group
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 06:36:17 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

I'm pleased to announce that Paul Cammarata, Head of Collection Development at
the University of South Carolina, has been selected to be the next co-chair of
the ASERL Collection Assessment Interest Group.  Paul's term will run through
June 30, 2020.  Paul's co-chair for the first year will be Liz Siler,
Collection Development Librarian at UNC Charlotte; Liz's term expires June 30,
2019.

The Collection Assessment Interest Group is the successor to ASERL's
longstanding Collection Development Interest Group.  The Assessment group was
formulated at the direction of the ASERL Board in Summer 2018.  The charge for
the group is as follows:
The ASERL Collection Assessment Interest Group will support the identification
of best practices for analyzing how library collections contribute to their
university's mission, enhance research excellence, and drive student success.
The group will identify opportunities to leverage the knowledge and talents in
ASERL libraries and to facilitate the sharing of qualitative and quantitative
measurements of collection impact.

As a first step, we will conduct an environmental scan of other, similar
programs that might offer models for ASERL to emulate or with whom we might
partner.  Your ideas for any such model programs are welcome - please feel free
to email me, Liz, or Paul.

My thanks to everyone who supported this transition in our programming.  We
look forward to working more closely with you on this endeavor into the future!