[aserl_coll_assess] REMINDER: Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #5: University of Miami on December 5
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 07:45:38 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

A reminder that we will offer a webinar on December 5 to hear from colleagues
at the University of Miami Libraries about their Digital Scholarship
activities.  The current registration list is below, FYI.

SESSION DESCRIPTION
University of Miami’s Digital Scholarship Unit was established in 2015 as part
of a larger Digital Strategies Department, and fully staffed in 2017. We have
several programmatic resources established, but we continue to assess the needs
of our community and look for opportunities to meet their needs in new ways.
For this webinar, we’ll discuss a few of the specific areas that we’re working
on:
• Paige Morgan (Digital Humanities & Scholarship Librarian) will discuss the
University of Miami’s UGrow RA program for graduate students, and the role that
libraries can play in giving graduate students DH and alt-ac experience.

• Tim Norris (Research Data Scientist) will share the experience of curating
data for the "Pulley Ridge" project. The presentation will  focus on metadata,
repository package creation, and the culture of data sharing in the context of
this big science project.

• Abraham Parrish (GIS Librarian) will discuss setting up and running his
alternate-reality game, Game of Maps, using ArcGIS Collector, in conjunction
with UM Libraries’ annual GIS Day.

• Cameron Riopelle (Data Services Librarian) will present on working with
different campus communities in a data services capacity.

WEBINAR:  Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #5 -- University of Miami "Sampler"
DATE / TIME:  Dec 5, 2018 at 2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/214568988192983299

REGISTRATION LIST
1. Duke University      Heather Martin
2. East Carolina University     Ralph   Scott
3. Florida International University     Jill    Krefft
4. Florida International University     Jamie   Rogers
5. Florida State University     Devin   Soper
6. George Mason University      Pamela  Dahlhauser
7. Georgia State University     Jeff    Steely
8. Johns Hopkins University     Mara    Blake
9. Johns Hopkins University     Reina   Murray
10. Louisiana State University  Gina    Costello
11. Mississippi State University        Claudia Holland
12. Tulane University   Sean    Knowlton
13. Tulane University   Jane    Pinzino
14. UNC Charlotte       Michael  Winecoff
15. UNC Greensboro      Anna    Craft
16. UNC Greensboro      Michael  Crumpton
17. Univ of Louisville  Terri   Holtze
18. University of Alabama       Sarah   Sahn
19. University of Kentucky      Adrian  Ho
20. University of Kentucky      Jennifer        Hootman
21. University of Louisville    Lidiyd  Grote
22. University of Louisville    Bruce   Keisling
23. University of Miami Cheryl  Gowing
24. University of Miami Elizabeth       Gushee
25. University of Mississippi   Michelle        Emanuel
26. University of South Carolina        KATE    BOYD
27. University of South Carolina        Amie    Freeman
28. Vanderbilt  Andrew   Wesolek
29. Virginia Commonwealth University    Erin    White

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

about joining the webinar.
System Requirements:

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!

Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) c/o Robert W. Woodruff
Library