[aserl_coll_assess] Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #5: University of Miami
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 07:45:26 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

I'm pleased to announce the next in our webinar series about Digital
Scholarship programming within our community, this time hearing from colleagues
at the University of Miami Libraries.

SESSION DESCRIPTION
University of Miami’s Digital Scholarship Unit was established in 2015 as part
of a larger Digital Strategies Department, and fully staffed in 2017. We have
several programmatic resources established, but we continue to assess the needs
of our community and look for opportunities to meet their needs in new ways.
For this webinar, we’ll discuss a few of the specific areas that we’re working
on:
• Paige Morgan (Digital Humanities & Scholarship Librarian) will discuss the
University of Miami’s UGrow RA program for graduate students, and the role that
libraries can play in giving graduate students DH and alt-ac experience.

• Tim Norris (Research Data Scientist) will share the experience of curating
data for the "Pulley Ridge" project. The presentation will  focus on metadata,
repository package creation, and the culture of data sharing in the context of
this big science project.

• Abraham Parrish (GIS Librarian) will discuss setting up and running his
alternate-reality game, Game of Maps, using ArcGIS Collector, in conjunction
with UM Libraries’ annual GIS Day.

• Cameron Riopelle (Data Services Librarian) will present on working with
different campus communities in a data services capacity.

WEBINAR:  Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #5 -- University of Miami "Sampler"
DATE / TIME:  Dec 5, 2018 at 2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/214568988192983299

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

about joining the webinar.
System Requirements:

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!

Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) c/o Robert W. Woodruff
Library