REMINDER: U-Florida Digital Scholarship Webinar
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 08:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

A reminder about this upcoming webinar from our colleagues at the University of
Florida.  We had a great session earlier this week with the folks from
Vanderbilt.  I am confident the UF session will be equally worthwhile.

WEBINAR:  Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #3:  University of Florida "Sampler"
DATE / TIME:  September 5, 2018  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4726908629645911809

Speakers will include Crystal Felima, PhD, the CLIR Postdoctoral Fellow in
Caribbean Studies Data Curation at UF. Her interests include pedagogy,
narrative research, public anthropology, and Africana Studies. Crystal serves
as a team member of the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) to facilitate
campus-wide data curation activities and forge new collaborations to extend
capacity. She also consults with researchers and scholars on emerging trends
and best practices in digital humanities, data curation, and e-scholarship in
Caribbean Studies. Website: crystalfelima.com

Hélène Huet, PhD, is the European Studies Librarian at UF. She holds a Ph.D. in
French and Francophone Studies from the Pennsylvania State University. At UF,
Hélène oversees many international collections and collaborates on a variety of
projects from creating exhibits to organizing conferences. She also helps
facilitate undergraduate and graduate students’ research through library
instruction sessions and workshops. As a digital humanist and the Vice-Chair of
the Florida Digital Humanities Consortium (FLDH), a collective of institutions
in Florida that seeks to promote an understanding of the humanities in light of
digital technologies and research, she is particularly interested in studying
how digital tools can help facilitate students and faculty’s research.

Plato Smith, PhD, is the Data Management Librarian at UF with experience in
academic research libraries, digital libraries, and data management. He assists
in the development of socio-technical (people, policies, technologies,
communities) relationships with diverse stakeholders, leads the Data Management
and Curation Working Group, is a member of UF’s Academic Research Consulting &
Services (ARCS), and conducts data management instruction and training
workshops to develop a culture of data management.

Laurie N. Taylor, PhD, is UF’s Digital Scholarship Librarian, the dLOC Digital
Scholarship Director, and Editor-in-Chief of the LibraryPress@UF.  Website:
http://www.laurientaylor.org

REGISTRATION LIST - As of August 23:
1. College of William & Mary    Carrie  Cooper
2. Duke University      Heather Martin
3. East Carolina University     Lucas   Berrini
4. East Carolina University     William Thomas
5. Florida International University     Jamie   Rogers
6. Florida State University     Devin   Soper
7. George Mason University      Wendy   Mann
8. Georgia State University     Laura   Burtle
9. Johns Hopkins        Tamsyn  Mahoney-Steel
10. Tulane University   Sean    Knowlton
11. Tulane University   Kevin   Williams
12. UNC Charlotte       Michael Winecoff
13. UNC Greensboro      Anna    Craft
14. University of Alabama       Sarah   Sahn
15. University of Central Florida       Mary    Rubin
16. University of Kentucky      Adrian  Ho
17. University of Kentucky      Jennifer        Hootman
18. University of Kentucky      Treshani        Perera
19. University of Louisville    Bruce   Keisling
20. University of South Carolina        KATE    BOYD
21. University of South Carolina        Amie    Freeman
22. University of South Carolina        Megan   Oliver
23. University of South Florida Chelsea Johnston
24. University of South Florida Matthew Knight
25. University of South Florida Barbara Lewis
26. University of South Florida Paul    Onac
27. University of Tennessee     Michelle        Brannen
28. University of Tennessee     Anchalee        Panigabutra-Roberts
29. Virginia Commonwealth University    Laura   Gariepy
30. Virginia Commonwealth University    Erin    White
31. Virginia Tech       Corinne Guimont
32. Virginia Tech       Virginia (Ginny)        Pannabecker
33. Wake Forest University      Heather Barnes

ABOUT ASERL WEBINARS
These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.
System Requirements:

We hope these prove to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!