WEBINAR: Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #2 -- Vanderbilt Univ Libraries "Sampler"
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 09:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

Our highly-acclaimed webinar series is gearing up again.  I am pleased to
announce the next in our "Digital Scholarship Show & Tell" sessions, focusing
on the offerings at Vanderbilt.  Pleases see the detailed description below for
the full scoop.

WEBINAR:  Digital Scholarship Show & Tell #2 -- Vanderbilt Univ Libraries
"Sampler"
DATE / Time:  August 21, 2018  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3953653990299227139

DESCRIPTION
Digital Scholarship at Vanderbilt is broadly defined and library support is
project-oriented. This webinar will offer three examples of digital scholarship
projects at Vanderbilt and the libraries role in supporting those projects, as
well as scholarly communications services in support of digital scholarship.

Digital Scholarship for Comparative Media Analysis and Practice: Madeleine
Casad, Senior Lecturer, Cinema and Media Arts, Associate Director, Vanderbilt
Center for Digital Humanities. Vanderbilt University recently established a new
joint-PhD program in Comparative Media Analysis and Practice (CMAP). Madeleine
will speak about Library collaboration in CMAP’s intensive summer programs,
where students gain most of their digital scholarship skills.

Hannah Arendt: Complete Works. Critical Edition. Digital and print. Ramona
Romero, Librarian for Anthropology, Philosophy, and Classical and Mediterranean
Studies. Ramona will discuss the digital component of this hybrid edition,
which will include diplomatic transcriptions of Hannah Arendt’s published and
unpublished works in TEI-XML.

Tiny Data Working Group: Veronica Ikeshoji-Orlati, CLIR Postdoc Fellow. Tiny
Data is data for the qualitative analyses which characterize humanistic
inquiry, the documentation of personal interactions with the observable world.
The group meets once a week during the semester to investigate software and
other digital tools as well as discuss theoretical implications of approaching
data from a Tiny Data perspective.

Scholarly Communication as support for Digital Scholarship: Elisabeth Shook,
Copyright and Scholarly Communications Librarian. Elisabeth explores concerns
associated with the long term storage, preservation, and access to digital
projects. She will discuss strategies to reach out to practitioners to
encourage and educate them to think beyond the finished project to how it will
be shared and preserved.

ABOUT ASERL WEBINARS
These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.
System Requirements:

 We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!