|Seeking volunteers: Co-Chair of ASERL ScholComm, CollDev, and SpecColxns Committees||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)|
|Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 09:32:27 -0700 (PDT)|
It’s that time of year again: We seek volunteers to serve as co-chairs for our three standing committees: Scholarly Communications, Collection Development, and (new for 2018) Special Collections.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Candidates must work in an ASERL library and be available to contribute 2 - 3 hours per month to this volunteer activity.
* Seeking people with good professional connections and an interest in new programming models and technologies.
* Effective at fostering a sense of community across remote locations.
* Very current on emerging issues in their area of specialty (scholarly communications, collection management, special collections).
* Willing to contact people inside/outside ASERL to serve as webinar speakers.
* Familiarity with basic webpage editing tools (WordPress) to help monitor/maintain the relevant webpages.
* Willing to interact with vendors and other librarians to explore cooperative purchasing/licensing offers for ASERL as needed.
Anyone interested in working on these initiatives are asked to submit their names and brief professional background to me by May 15, 2017. Self-nominations are encouraged. The final selection will be made by the ASERL Board.
Please contact me with any questions. Thanks for considering this request. We look forward to maintaining the positive momentum of these important activities into the next program year.
John Burger, Executive Director
Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
c/o Robert W. Woodruff Library
540 Asbury Circle, Suite 316
Atlanta, GA 30322
- (no other messages in thread)
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.