Webinar: "Not For The Faint Of Heart: Sleeper Clauses in E-Resource Licenses"
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 13:17:32 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

Please join us for "Not For The Faint Of Heart: Sleeper Clauses in E-Resource
Licenses," a webinar led by Peggy Hoon, Director of Copyright Policy and
Education at Louisiana State University Libraries.

documents with the potential to protect you as much as the vendor. There are no
throwaway clauses or words. Every single one is there for a reason, whether you
understand it or not. Pay attention to these ‘sleeper clauses,' those seemingly
mundane lines that look like just boilerplate language. Especially consider
those which are not there. Understand the real-world benefits of ‘good’ sleeper
clauses. They matter.  After years of encountering e-resource licenses, model
licenses, and guidelines, what’s left to say about e-resource licensing? Plug
in some standardized language or locally required clauses and you’re all set.
Good enough? Maybe, maybe not.

WEBINAR:  "Not For The Faint Of Heart: Sleeper Clauses in E-Resource Licenses,"
DATE / TIME:  April 12, 2018  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1108559897536528897

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.   System Requirements:

 We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!