Re: [aserl-deans] Congrats to VCU!
From: Jeff Steely (jsteelygsu.edu)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:23:17 -0800 (PST)

-Jeff

On Feb 16, 2018, at 10:21 AM, John Burger <jburger [at] aserl.org> wrote:

ASERL Friends:

I’m pleased to share the news that our colleagues at Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries are one of ACRL’s Excellence in Academic Libraries Award winners for 2018.  That puts VCU in great company within ASERL – they are the fifth library in our consortium to receive the award.  (The others are NC State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, University of Virginia.   ASERL members comprise nearly 25% of the award recipients since the inception of ACRL’s recognition program.)  See http://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider/archives/15310 for the full announcement about VCU.

In my opinion, this is the “cherry on top” for VCU – receiving the ACRL award following their admittance to ARL earlier this year.   I know y’all join me in congratulating John Ulmschneider and the VCU Libraries team for all their fine work on behalf of the faculty, students, and staff at VCU.

Huzzah and felicitations!  Time to celebrate in Richmond…!